The new Mizuno T22 Wedges are crafted using Mizuno's legendary Grain Flow Forging process, a technique that has perfected over the course fifty plus years in Hiroshima, Japan. And, with the addition of a soft feel copper underlay, these wedges produce the unrivaled touch and feel Mizuno is renowned for.
As with all Mizuno wedges carrying the T moniker, the T22's have a teardrop shape, and by flaring or tapering the upper portion of the blade, these wedges create a consistently high level of spin and a more penetrating trajectory.
Because spin is such an integral factor in high-level short game play, Mizuno Quad Cut Mills the T22's grooves with astounding precision. These grooves are cut into Boron infused steel for increased durability, and are loft specific, so each wedge achieves peak performance for its intended purpose. To ensure high level performance in wet conditions, HydroFlow Micro Grooves are laser etched into the face to release moisture and preserve spin rates.
Three grind options are available in the T22. The S has a minimal sole grind and is designed for fuller, square-faced shots and lower lofts. The D-Grind possesses moderate heel and toe relief, allowing for gentle manipulation of the clubface. The X-Grind's extreme heel and toe relief suits short game artists who frequently manipulate the club face.
- One-piece Grain Flow Forged HD Boron at Mizuno's iconic facility in Hiroshima, Japan
- Microlayer of soft copper beneath the Nickel Chrome for added control and improved feel
- Spin weighted blade design produces increased, consistent spin and a more penetrating trajectory
- Quad Cut Milled precision grooves are cut into Boron infused steel for a longer life span
- Mizuno's HydroFlow Micro Grooves are laser etched to release moisture, reduce spin drop off and improve wet weather performance