Taylor Made R1 Driver - Adjustable - Aldila Rip Phenom 55 Stiff - Right Hand
| $4.95 Ground ||Fri, Mar 14|
|3-Day ||Thu, Mar 13|
|2-Day ||Wed, Mar 12|
|1-Day ||Tue, Mar 11|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Golfballs.com Expert Description
2013 Golf Digest Hot List Gold Innovation Category Leader and Demand Category Leader Driver
The new TaylorMade R1 driver is one Driver that tunes to any loft, any look and any flight. The R1 has taken adjustability to a new level with 7 face angles and 12 settings between standard driver lofts. Inverted Cone Technology milled into the inner side of the clubface expands the portion of the face that delivers high ball speed, while the white non-glare crown gives perfect contrast against the ground.
3 Tunable Technologies
- Weights are positioned low and forward
- 7-position face angle sole plate for +/- 4-degrees of adjustment
- 12-position loft sleeve for +/- 2-degrees of loft tuning
Loft & Face Angle
- Increase loft 1-degree = face angle closes 2-degrees
- Decrease loft 2-degrees = face angle opens 2-degrees
- +/- 2-degrees loft = +/- 4-degrees face angle
- 2-degree loft sleeve marked with loft settings
- 12 different settings
- Unique RH and LH sleeves
- Factory setting is 10-degrees
- 7-position face angle sole plate
- +/- 4-degrees of face angle adjustment
- New design for better wear and visibility
Crown Graphic Technology
The design of the TaylorMade R1 driver's crown graphic assists the golfer to square the face to the ball accurately at address. This is important because TaylorMade's research have shown that when a driver's face appears to be square to the golfer's eye at address, that often turns out to be an illusion. In fact, the face is often open, leading to an unwanted fade or slice.
TaylorMade R1 Driver Overview
- One driver model that can be tuned to fit tour pros and amateurs alike.
- Loft-Sleeve technology promotes optimal launch angle
- 7 face angle options; 7 standard and 5 upright loft options
- Shot-shaping movable weights promote a neutral/straight flight
- Aldila RIP Phenom 55-gram shaft promotes faster clubhead speed while delivering greater feel than typical ultra-light shaft
User Ratings & Reviews
Frequently asked questions about
what type of shaft and what weight
01/24/2013 10:27 AM
The main version coming out (so not the TP or the super TP) comes stock with Adila RIP Phenom 55 shafts for the men in Senior, Reg, Stiff, and extra stiff. 53 to 61 grams depending on the flex. The Ladies version uses the Adila Rip 50 shaft at 52 grams.
High Handicap Golfer: CC
01/26/2013 3:58 PM
You would be much better off with $400 worth of lessons from a PGA Pro.
Low Handicap Golfer:
02/02/2013 5:04 PM
Youe question has been submitted
You will receive a response in approximately 1 business day. if you provided an email address, you will receive a copy of the answer via email. Your question may be posted on this page when answered.